WHEN CAN I BUY TICKETS?
WE CANNOT RELEASE TICKETS UNTIL OUR TIMETABLE HAS BEEN APPROVED. WE APOLOGISE FOR ANY DELAY AND WILL RELEASE TICKETS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
PLEASE EITHER FOLLOW THIS WEBSITE OR FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK TO BE INFORMED OF THE LATEST NEWS AND TICKET RELEASES.
- Is this a different train to last year?
- Yes, previous years Rainforest Rattlers were built in 1923 and this year they are undergoing maintenance. This years Rattler will be a more “modern” 1961 model. The windows still open, the great view is the same, the seats are wider and 100 people can interact and walk between carriages.
- Do I need to buy a ticket for my baby or small child?
- If a baby or small child can be nursed the entire journey then your child can travel FOC. We must consider the comfort of all passengers and if a child is going to sit on a seat then a ticket needs to be bought.
- Does the train have a toilet?
- Yes all carriages have flushing toilets and hand basins. They are however 1961 design and small by modern standards.
- Do we get off the train?
- No as the only platform is at THE STATION YOU BOARDED FROM we board at return to THE SAME STATION
- Can I buy tickets from the staff at My Local Railway Station?
- No, this is NOT a Trains NSW event and station staff are not able to assist.
- I don’t have a credit card, how can I buy a ticket?
- Cash sales are sometimes possible from our volunteers on the platform however as most of our trains sell out you are not guaranteed of getting tickets.
- Can I bring food and drink on the train?
- Yes we encourage people to bring their own food and drink. This is especially recommended for young children in case we are delayed and have to wait at a siding for other trains.
- Vending machines for food and cold drinks are at the Station.
- Do you have seating for groups?
- We have limited seating for groups, the front and rear seats of each group of seats don’t have flipping backrests but most in the centre do. If you have a group try to book in the centre of a group of seats so you can flip the backrests to have facing seats.
- Do you have disabled access?
- We carry access ramps and people in wheelchairs can ride comfortable in the vestibule area. Because of the age of the train larger electric wheelchairs are not able to fit on the train. Please arrive at the station early and identify yourself to our volunteers who will assist with your boarding.
- Do you have any other trips?
- As a small volunteer society we can only afford to run trains with good passenger numbers. We have extra trips available and these are released to keep ahead of demand.
- Do you have free seats for disability carers?
- Yes we offer free seats to card carrying disability carers when accompanying a disabled person.
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT A TRAINLINK OPERATED TRAIN AND STAFF AT YOUR LOCAL STATION ARE NOT ABLE TO SELL TICKETS
PLEASE ARRIVE AT THE PLATFORM 15 MINUTES AHEAD OF DEPARTURE TIME
PARKING IS LIMITED AT MOST STATIONS SO PLEASE ALLOW EXTRA TIME TO PARK